Well, I was going to wait for Ian to send me the rest of my pictures (held hostage on his computer since I ran out of room on my SD card) and start from the beginning of the trip. But instead, we'll just jump right in, somewhere in the middle. (I'm really not sure what the hold up could be - the wedding in London, the MUN trip to Budapest, school work, Master's work, or the family!)
Anyway, here we go. We'll start on Saturday. A climbing day. (Aahhhhhh.) For your orientation: I arrived Tuesday night. Wednesday we climbed near Athens. Thursday, we drove north to Meteora. Friday and Saturday we climbed here, at a small cliff called Mouzaki, about 45 minutes from Meteora. It was a holiday weekend and the cliff was packed, mostly with a big group of climbers from Bulgaria. Despite the crowded line-up we had a great time and made a bunch of new friends. Climbing trip to Bulgaria anyone?!
This is Kim, from Barcelona, on a spectacular 13b called Athlos. This was maybe the best route at the cliff and my best send of the trip. Kim and his wife were on a two month climbing road trip around Europe. They had an awesome yellow camper van that Ian was quite jealous of. He offered to trade them the Scoda but no luck.
This is Nicky on a 13a called Rainbow. Also really good. He's 15 and was part of the Bulgarian contingent. A young crusher!
The wildflowers were unbelievable everywhere we went.
Our man in Greece! Ian treated me very well, even when I didn't deserve it, which was most of the time. It felt so good to go adventuring with him again. Life's more complicated now, and it's harder to find time, but we discovered it's worth the effort. Getting to experience, for a short time, the beautiful life he's built for himself was priceless.


4 comments:
Nice post, Adam. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and crammed a bunch into the time you had. That 13b looks spectacular!
That was an awesome "teaser". Dad and I have commented "forever" on the international climbing community. You have both added to your climbing family - how cool!! And the flowers aren't too shabby either. Inspired by LeAnna's cactus photos from your yard, I wandered around and took pictures of my spring flowers today. Finally! Some sunshine :-)
Love that blue-shirted weed among the wildflowers:-)
Dad
That's funny, because I was waiting your post to see the pictures!
Sorry about that, just before we leave for London, Ian sent you all the pictures through "we transfer", although because we had no time and we were rash to go to the airport we left the computer opened to continue transfering. We didn't realize that it failed. I'll try to send them tonight.
Post a Comment