LeAnna's folks were in town the last week and on Monday and Tuesday we took a quick trip up to Zion National Park in southwest Utah. Despite 100+ degree weather we had a great two days cruising around Springdale and doing some easy hikes in the park. I hadn't been to Zion in a few years and it was good to be reminded what an amazing place it really is and how lucky we are to have it in our "backyard"! I need to get out here ASAP and climb some more of these big walls. They are sooo inspiring-the tallest sandstone cliffs in the world!
As an aside I was truly impressed with the bus system set up in the park. This might be the best idea the National Park service has ever implemented. When will they implement this at places like Yellowstone and Yosemite?! When will the BLM wake up and realize this is what we need at Red Rock??? My bet? Not anytime soon.
2 comments:
i love these pictures!
Are you being sardonic Adam? I will have to agree with Leanna on this one. Absolutely gorgeous. Zion is aptly named I would say. I miss it out by you and Leanna; such a diverse setting. sent another 7c this past weekend, a bit soft but I'll take it. love you man. we'll start making Christmas plans in July.
peace and love
Post a Comment