Friday, June 4, 2010

Nice marmot.



This clever rodent chewed its way into Spencer's lunch box only to discover it hadn't chewed a big enough hole to escape.  A split second after this photo was taken he leapt onto my face and tried to eat my eyeball.  Actually he jumped into a bush and ran away, but I was envisioning a more dramatic Monty Python encounter.
This is the latest obsession - Screaming Target (13c), up at Mt. Charleston.  I sent Where is my Mind on the last 70 degree day of the season!  The temperatures literally jumped 30 degrees since last weekend.  It's as if the desert suddenly realized it's June already.  Brutal heat.  I hate it.

Now for the news and notes:

-LeAnna celebrated her day of birth this week.  We commemorated this fine event with a dinner at the Paris Hotel.  I wore a button down shirt...very fancy!  I earned many bonus points since this even required a reservation.

-But, even a fancy dinner was no match for the best birthday present ever... the end of the 2009/2010 school year!  LeAnna is now eligible for retirement benefits which we calculate to be app. $0.08/ week.  Interestingly this is exactly eight cents more than mine.  Hmmm...

-LeAnna also saw the Lion King last night with some friends.  The most memorable part, apparently, was the uber-fit black men.

-And finally, LeAnna's parents are coming out for a visit this next week.  We're going to see Mystere (yet another Cirque show), spend a couple of days in Zion, and hopefully take them rock climbing at Mt. Charleston (although this last one has yet to make it on the official itinerary for some reason.)

That is all.

1 comment:

Karen and Pat said...

What a cute critter! Glad he didn't really take out your eye. Sounds like a nice dinner date-
Enjoy your visit with the Conley's. Tell LeAnna I am 2 days behind her and I can't wait!!!
Love you both:-)