I've been sorta busy lately working a little and looking for work. It's quite a brutal schedule I keep... No, not really. But for those that don't know I tested for Henderson Fire Department this last week or so and.... nothing.... no job. BUT, I did get a job offer with Prescott Helitack! They are a U.S. Forest Service ten person Helirappel crew out of central Arizona. Like last year I'll work from spring till the end of the fire season sometime around October, only this year I'll be flying around and rappelling out of a helicopter all summer! I'm pretty excited since it should be a really good learning opportunity and because Prescott is such a cool little town it should be a nice place to spend the summer.
I'll write more as I get more information but right now I have to go sport climbing with a bunch of friends out at the park... it's tough sometimes but I don't have time to feel sorry for myself.
Update! Here is the link to the Prescott Helitack page: http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/fire/helitack/employment.shtml
3 comments:
Just so you know, I don't feel sorry for you either...Congrats on the Prescott job. You know the rule though. Is the "no job" offer with Henderson, just for this hire, or is there still a chance in the fall round? I am sure Ian will be disappointed that you won't make it to Greece, but it sounds like there may be a chance latter on. Wouldn't that be cool?
Play safe. Love, Mom
I know, I am really bummed that I'm not going to Greece, but like you said maybe he'll still be there...I won't be able to pass it up twice! As for Henderson I don't know what it means...but from my experience if you don't get in initially you don't really have a shot.
adam - I just took a stroll through the Prescott link. It sounds like an exciting summer.
Are you going to take any of the other courses that are offered? We are off today - bitter cold - everyone in the area. I haven't checked to see if Keith is off. It is a couple degrees colder there. Have a great day. Love ya.
Post a Comment