Saturday, September 9, 2017

Greek Visit

Check out this sweet chair!


I don't have a ton of photos that haven't already been shared but I do have a couple.  But first, I wanted to say thank you so much to Mom and Dad, for making this visit happen, and Ian, Eleftheria and family for being willing to doing the extra travel within a trip - I know that it's not easy!

Next, I wanted to thank LeAnna for doing so much to get ready for their visit while I was working up in Alaska.  There's surely more than I remember or know about but what I do know/remember:  preparing the bedroom, borrowing toys, stroller, extra car seat, getting these cute adirondack chairs, art supplies, dinnerware, cups, covering outlets, moving breakables, covering sharp corners etc. etc.  You get the idea!  This, on top of her Grandpa's passing and travel back to Ohio.  So thank you!

It was so wonderful to finally meet Emily and Artemis was so fun to hang out with, it was amazing.
In five short days, we covered a lot of ground:  Mt. Charleston - hiking and climbing.  Red Rocks - hiking and scenic loop.  Fremont Street, The Strip, Mandalay Bay aquarium, Cactus Joe's, flew the airplane....

Unfortunately, in the course of their visit, we also learned of the loss of our dear friend Ian Pohowsky.  Between losing Grandpa Conley and Ian, it was a bittersweet time for us.  If nothing else though, it reminded us to truly cherish and enjoy our time spent with loved ones.  It was a timely lesson..
 


 Enjoying some breakfast.

 Is it hot or what, Oscar?!
 On a hike back in to Ice Box Canyon in RRNCA on a mercifully overcast day.  
We did get rained on a little bit, but it was worth it!

 Gorgeous Monarch Butterfly in Ice Box.

 Are we there yet?!

 And a cool blue dragonfly!

 Love these stormy summer days!

 Yet another horned lizard!

 One day we went up to Mt Charleston for a little climbing adventure.


 Just a little excited!

 Start'em young.

 Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef was a hit.  

 Auntie and Artemis.

 Whoa, did you see that?!


 After Mandalay Bay, Ian, Eleftheria and family stayed downtown and explored a bit.  Artemis, naturally, became queen of Vegas!




Another day we went down to Fremont Street and checked out Container Park and the Fremont Street Experience.  I think the Greek's were duly impressed with our high class entertainment!

Last day?? :-(  We went for a nice hike up Fletcher Canyon.  Thank you guys so much for coming to visit and doing the trip-within-a-trip!  It was so much fun seeing you guys and showing you around our little corner of the desert!  Seriously can't wait for next time.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Great post as usual. We've become so familiar with the area ourselves that I felt like we were there with you!!😉

Karen and Pat said...

What a delightful post! It is nice to relieve the summer and to peek into your time together. Your Dad and I are so happy that everythi,g came together and that there was some sweet along with the bitter. It was an eventful summer. Thank you for posting💓