Big glacier in the Chugach Range from the flight home.
There were so many jellyfish! Especially on the stormy days there would be hundreds under the dock trying to find some calm water (I guess).
Beautiful sunrise.
This is one of the floats the divers built to work off. The cabin has a heater!
Sea otter
Moon pie
Bald eagle chilling in the river!
This is "Exit Glacier" at Kenai Fjords NP. Along the trail to the glacier they had markers for the terminus receding over the years. Needless to say-depressing.
This is a seal laying on a giant log. You'll have to take my word for it.
A rare, beautiful clear day.
More standard conditions.
The requisite "sparks flying" shot.
The marina outside our hotel.
A nice day to drill some bolts.
Resurrection Bay from the side of Mt. Marathon
Same.
Seward. You can see the dock we worked on. Its the center of the three sticking out to the right.
There's a bunch of cool murals in town.
This is like the second day of the job when we had no clue what we were doing. The tides were super high so we were able to do some work off these floats the divers built but it was crazy with the swells. We're climbers not floaters!
Doing some 'stand up paddle bolting'
Do you see the two salmon?!










































6 comments:
What great pictures again. Interesting job in an interesting location. Some really unique wildlife. Thanks for sharing. Dad
What Dad said. And I love the shots of the mountain ranges where one horizon disappears into another. Are you like me; the more you learn about the way things are done, the more you're unimpressed by seeming expertise? Paddle bolting for example... I mean before I saw the pics, I'd be totally impressed if someone told me they helped build a huge pier. Now I'm just more concerned about the integrity of other things, like skyscrapers, bridges, and the chair I'm sitting on. Not that what you did wasn't skillful and impressive; it's just that, I don't know... it's like seeing the sausage get made, you know. Remind me to tell you about my cobbler experience. It reinforced the old adage, never buy what you can borrow and never pay for something you can do yourself. Miss you bro. Looking forward to seeing you in December. Best to you and yours.
Really cool post Adam! Love seeing it all. Picture 20 (i think) is my new desktop background. I always get a lot questions and compliments when I have your photos up on my computer.
I love all of the sea life! Otters especially.
Are you getting a season pass for snow boarding again this year? We are ready for snow!!!
See you soon!
P.s. I love your return address stamps with Oscar's picture on the sticker!
Hey Sarah, I did get a ski pass again this winter. $200 for a weekday pass seems like too good a deal to pass up. Last winter was not bad (most I've ridden in 17 years, at least!) If this El Nino works out it should be a good winter for the southwest. Can't wait to see you guys and catch up!
Love this: "If this El Nino works out..." Ha, so funny. But I know everyone is counting on it. I had a friend who surfed during the last El Nino... got pretty banged up... but the waves were rad I was told.
Adam, I know you havent enjoyed all your work experiences in Alaska, but the photos have been awesome!! I would love to see the animals and the glaciers...awesome jellyfish.
Post a Comment