Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A weekend In Brian Head


We took a little weekend trip up to Brian Head, Utah (near Cedar City) to get out of the Las Vegas heat and had a really nice time.  The weather was perfect: mid 60's during the day and low 40's at night.  


This was Oscar's first time mountain biking and we weren't sure what to expect.
We rode a little over 8 miles, stopping periodically to rest in the shade and drink water.  The only hiccups were when we encountered some cattle that he wanted to chase and a couple of deer that he did chase, although he came back quickly.  Otherwise, he just ran along behind me the whole time.
We figured he'd be all worn out (like us!) but when we got back to camp he just wanted to play and chase some more!




I wish I'd taken pictures of our beautiful campsite and climbing on Sunday but I didn't.  We had such a good time we can't wait to go back, hopefully in time to catch all the aspen turn colors.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking good guys! I bet that was super fun!

Adam said...

Thanks Sarah, yeah it was so fun! Such a great spot and an easy drive too! Can't wait to get back.

Karen and Pat said...

I think Oscar needs some sunglasses also:-)
Dad

Karen and Pat said...

I love the picture of Oscar surveying his domain! Hope you guys
had a good weekend. Adam, safe travels...have a good "tour of duty"!
Love you both, Mom