Sunday, May 31, 2015

Meteora

So, where were we...?!  I don't even know, so enjoy these photos from our short but beautiful visit to Meteora.  

Ian and I went here early on our trip, on our way from Athens back to Thessaloniki for the Easter festivities.  After a rainy morning in Athens we decided to cut our losses and drive north, stopping here for a few hours sightseeing, before camping at Mouzaki and climbing the next day.

Since it had been raining and we arrived just before sunset the views were spectacular.  Our short time here was not enough so I guess I'll have to go back ;-)


















2 comments:

Karen and Pat said...

I loved our visit to Meteora on our first trip to Greece. Got lost a bit on the way back to Thessaloniki:-). Thanks for sparking my memory. Dad




Karen and Pat said...

Beautiful! I think Meteora may be the most unique place I have ever been. Your pictures are a lovely reminder. I would like to walk the trail between the churches. I forget how long it is supposed to take, but I think it would be pretty cool. How was Blues and Brews? Hope it was as fun as its name :-) Mom