Desert colors.
A work bench/storage shelf I built.
Paul showing how professional riggers get it done ;-)
Beautiful sunset sequence...
...about 10 minutes later.
Flying over Crater Lake, Oregon on a flight north.
My hang board set-up.
Cleaning out one of the sheds... I didn't want to catch the shingles again! ;-)
Myself, Bob and Leonard midway through a death-ride lead by Bob. I work with Leonard up on the Slope through the summers. He's an avid cyclist, so we took him on a tour of some of the best local trails.
Some cactus beauties along one of our favorite Oscar walks, "The Ridge".
An atmospheric day, with the sun highlighting the Calico Hills.
Cool bunch grasses in First Creek
Oscar and I hiked way back in First Creek one day and found a bunch of cool pools. Oscar was sure to check them all out.
Beautiful last rays setting behind Mt. Potosi on a mtb ride with Oscar.
After my first solo flight.
One of my favorites from Death Valley.
Amazing rainbow, looking out from our front yard.
Yucca bloom.
Snow showers over the mountains in Calico Basin.
Burros we came across on a mtb ride.
Oscar cooling off after a long downhill stretch.
Gorgeous view riding back to the trailhead.
The massive cave at Mt. Potosi.
Joshua tree bloom.
First solo cross country flight - down to Lake Havasu, Arizona.
LeAnna bouldering at Hartley Springs, near Mammoth Lakes, California.
LeAnna probably wishing those big holds on top were a little closer...
Pressing it out like a pro.
The beautiful ponderosa pine forest at Hartley Springs.
Gorgeous light and snow showers over the mountains, hunting of hot springs :-)
A cool 'cholla forest' back in Windy Canyon
Beautiful yucca bloom with some great crossbedding in the background.
Mother nature has the best gardens.
Looking north up the Strip from a day working at the Luxor.
Another day, another lame sunset.
Exploring a new hike near Mountain Springs. This is an agave roasting pit used by Native Americans.
This guy/girl scared the crap out of me! I was sitting in my 'rock chair' when she came crawling out of a pile of rocks no more than 3' away! She stuck around all day. Whoever wasn't climbing was assigned rattle snake duty!
What species?
Some gorgeous tiny flowers.
Got pretty worked by the routes this day, but at least the hike out was kind.
The crew about to board the Twin Otter from Anchorage to Kenai, Alaska. Then taxi to the helibase and a quick flight on a Bell 212 to the platform. Sorry I don't have any pics from the platform job. Photos aren't exactly encouraged. It was beautiful though. Snowy peaks on both sides of the Cook Inlet.
First cactus blooms in our yard.
Same species of cactus I believe. This one along 'The Ridge' hike.
Oscar and I's first day back at Mt. Charleston for the season. Two lucky dogs!



















































6 comments:
what a mess of great photos. i love your posts. the tiny flower pictures take the cake, just wonderful.
Wow!! That was a boatload of pictures and on every topic you take pictures! I do love the Oscar pics...and the flowers...and the ones from the air...and the sunset ones weren't too bad either. So, what does that leave? We yes, all the things that scare me...lol...💘
Great collection! Looks like life is good in the west!
Wow! Amazing! The only thing I disagree with is the "beautiful cholla forest". No such thing. Those vengeful bastards are straight from the bowels of Hell. Otherwise, very nice.
Keith...why don't you tell us how you really feel about those chills plants?!
Keith...why don't you tell us how you really feel about those chills plants?!
Post a Comment