On my flight back in I was pleasantly surprised with an early season snow cap on Mt. Charleston. It'll melt soon, no doubt, but hopefully this is a sign of a good winter. I got a season pass at the Charleston ski resort for the first time ever so I have my fingers crossed!
Another good view of Red Rocks on the flight in this time. In the foreground is the south aspect of Mt. Wilson, the tallest peak on the escarpment. As you can see the backside is a giant ramp and apparently is a cool hike. Sadly, I've never been to the summit, hiking or climbing. I'll have to rectify that soon, especially since it now taunts me daily looking out from our front porch.
This was on the flight into Alpine, where I was working most recently. This was my first time flying in an Otter, which is a very cool small plane. They use Otters a lot in the Forest Service to deliver Smokejumpers. They're very powerful for their size and take off very steeply and they have overhead wings, as you can see.
This was on a flight to Phoenix on my way to Houston. We flew right by this awesome summer rainstorm.
This is a little further south looking down on the Colorado River-just a little north of Lake Mohave. Unbelievable sky!
Another one of Mother Nature's perfect arrangements in First Creek. She always seems to know just what to do.
Here's my family 'selfie' portrait.
Buddies.









4 comments:
hey buddy,
Good to have you back. I see a coffee table book of aerial photos in your future. hope we get a chance to chat soon.
nice family selfie! i was really socked when i saw the last picture because i hadn't realized the actual Oscar's size! the other day when we talk with Leanna on skype left me with the impression that he is much smaller
Eleftheria
Adam - I always look forward to your airplane photos!! I agree with Keith (and Eleftheria) Really, you should do something with them. They are spectacular!!
Tried and missed again to talk to you yesterday. Will try again this evening. Love you, Mom
PS I do like your family selfie and the pic of the buddies. Looking forward to meeting Oscar - is he coming for Christmas?
Adam - I always look forward to your airplane photos!! I agree with Keith (and Eleftheria) Really, you should do something with them. They are spectacular!!
Tried and missed again to talk to you yesterday. Will try again this evening. Love you, Mom
PS I do like your family selfie and the pic of the buddies. Looking forward to meeting Oscar - is he coming for Christmas?
Post a Comment