Sunday, November 15, 2009


Not much news to report out here.  Just enjoying some down time, and perfect climbing weather!  Mainly I just wanted to show off my super deal I scored at the REI garage sale yesterday.  I'm not sure how often they have them, but at least a few times a year REI gets rid of their returned/damaged merchandise at a big, members only sidewalk sale.  I'd never been to one before but it turned out to be very worthwhile.  The sale started at 10 am; we showed up at 9:30 and ended up customers #158 or so!  People had been there since at least 6 in the morning.  Any way, we were the second group of 100 shoppers.  Each group had 20 minutes to shop.  Then the next group got to go.  Long story short... it was a bit insane, with organized shopping "teams" grabbing up all the packs, or all the jackets and sorting through them off to the side.  

Despite the intensity it was worth it because I found an Arcteryx backpack for $24 that supposedly had a broken waist belt.  I just reattached the belt, which was dangling free, and it works fine.  It has all waterproof zippers, water proof fabric and a river-bag style roll-top closure.  I think it will be a great addition to my round-the-world motorcycle trip I'm planning!  So, the best part is that the pack actually retails for $499!!!!!  Completely insane!  

With further analysis, I can't actually say that I saved $475 because I never would have spent that much anyway but it still seems like a pretty sweet deal.  Of course, we also know it's only a bargain if you actually need it.  By that measure I'd have to say I just wasted twenty four bucks...  

Enough already?  Here's some pics:


1 comment:

Ian said...

nice score man. how did leanna do? motorcycling around the world? i am not sure you are going to be able to pull that off on the ktm, but good luck. getting close to spain man.