In a rare alignment of schedules, LeAnna and I shared a nice holiday weekend here in southern Utah. Fueled by lots of coffee and too much Mexican food, we did a little climbing in St. George and Parowan while dodging t-storms and bivouacing in the truck. Despite impressive cloud build-up we managed to stay mostly dry and enjoyed some beautiful desert scenery.
One of my favorite photos from the weekend.
Virga over a dry lakebed.
Cool cobbles in Parowan. They're actually more solid than they look.
The conglomerate walls outside Parowan; this cliff is called Shinobe for the Anasazi trickster god that disguised himself as a coyote.
Here you can kind of see the cobble-y texture of the wall.
2 comments:
Looks amazing. I'm so jealous. I miss it.
Yeah, it's pretty nice... we miss you and Sarah too! When are you guys coming for a visit?!
Post a Comment