Hey all! Just got back from SoCal after working a few days on the Bighorn fire in the Angeles National Forest. Here are some pics from one of the helispots we worked out of. This was H2, kind of on the northwest perimeter of the fire. Three of our crew rappelled and cleared this helispot to transport hotshots and supplies into the remote fire area. After that we staffed this and another helispot on the other side of the fire to coordinate crew transports and supply shuttles. Pretty fun! The fire was between 6000' and 8000' so there were awesome views of the valley. You could even see LA occassionally through the smog...
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hey Adam -
You can not continue to tell me that the camara is responsible for your photography. I'm telling you that there is a photo-journalism career in there somewhere.
Again-spectacular. Be careful; playing with fire is dangereous.
Lizard triptych for my birthday maybe? With a reliquary for a mummified chuckwalla tail. Better if it was a martyred chuckwalla, but I'll accept one that performs miracles.
Thanks Aunt Becky! I swear I just put it on auto and take pictures. One day I'll take the time to figure out what all the other buttons do. Keith, I have no idea what you're talking about...
3 comments:
Hey Adam -
You can not continue to tell me that the camara is responsible for your photography. I'm telling you that there is a photo-journalism career in there somewhere.
Again-spectacular. Be careful; playing with fire is dangereous.
Love, Aunt B
Nice Photos
Lizard triptych for my birthday maybe? With a reliquary for a mummified chuckwalla tail. Better if it was a martyred chuckwalla, but I'll accept one that performs miracles.
Thanks Aunt Becky! I swear I just put it on auto and take pictures. One day I'll take the time to figure out what all the other buttons do. Keith, I have no idea what you're talking about...
Post a Comment